Sunday, November 30, 2008

CELINE!













Last night my sister and I took my mom to see Celine Dion for her 50th birthday. We gave her the tickets LAST year for her birthday so she had a whole year to look forward to it. Celine is her FAVORITE and has been for a long time. My mom was never able to see her show in Vegas so it was awesome that we all got to see it together here. Now I have heard she was an excellent entertainer from many, and to say the least she did not disappoint.
Before the concert we (along w/ my aunt, cousin and other cousin's wife) went to dinner and has a great time. Then onto the concert where we scored an awesome parking spot and realized our seats were right next to the exit! Couldn't have been a better set up. As we anxiously awaited Celine she had a super great opening act. He is an impersonator from Vegas who imitates soooooooooo many people (most of which are singers whom he can sing exactly like). He was hilarious.
Then on to the main event. Celine is one of if not the best performers I have ever seen. She knows how to connect to the crowd so you feel as if you are just hanging out with her and then blows you away with the dancing, special effects, and most importantly singing! She sang acapella, french, and a lot of her most popular songs. It was weird for me because I didn't realize how many songs she has that everyone knows!
It was one of the best memories I could have ever asked for. My mom has sacrificed abundantly for me my entire life and I am grateful for her love in a way that I can't put in to words. Happy Birthday Mom!

9 comments:

Mandy Coffey said...

you, your sister, and your mom are just soooo beautiful. seriously.
And i'm way jealous you went to a Celine concert. I'm glad it deliverd up to it's expectations. What a great gift :)

wendilicious said...

wow! sounds like it was a blast! You have such a beautiful family and you my dear are flawless. =) Thanks for the pictures. awesome.

eli&joelynn said...

you can tell she totally rocks out! What a gift!

jenn (+ will) said...

hey richelle! i took those photos with a point and shoot, sony cybershot (7.2 mp), but i also have a professional slr camera, canon rebel xti. that was such a beautiful day!

Josh and Tiff said...

hey! long time no talk! as i'm sure you know (with elizabeth and stephs texting) that we were at the show and man... wasn't it amazing!! she is awesome and i'm so jealous of her. it looks like your and your husband are so happy, that's so great. isn't being married so much fun! hope you're doing well!

Becca said...

how funny that we all saw you at the concert!WE sat directly across from you but up a section and were checking you out and calling all night!!!!

What great daughters you guys are!!!!

sarawhat said...

Richelle! I just saw that you left a few comments on my blog and I had no idea. My camera is just a Cannon Elph. The key is the photo shop, not the camera! :) I photoshop all the pics I post to make the colors more vibrant and give it a little more contrast. I loved seeing your Mom and Elizabeth in this post. You look so cute and happy. Tell Jason hi! Keep up the blogging....

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Gosh, I miss your mom! Tell her HI for me! What a great birthday! Your mom is one of my favorite people. She did so much for me and my family, when we were first married and had a new baby. She's a wonderful and caring woman! Thank you for sharing her with me. :) I'm sure she's very proud of you! Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

hi richelle! this is trina, jason's cousin. i hope you dont mind if i follow your blog. i found you from molly's. well, it looks like you guys are doing great and having tons of fun! tell jason hello for us!