Friday, July 11, 2008

Red, White & Blue

On the 3rd of July we went and saw my niece, Katelyn, in a 4th of July program our stake has put on for the past 24 years (when my grandpa first started it!) It was great. She looked so cute as a little cheerleader. It was a great way to start celebrating the 4th!


On the 4th Jason and I woke up and jumped on our bikes and rode for a few hours. We stopped for lunch and rode to my parents house as well. It was really nice to have some time with just us. Afterwards we cooled off in the pool and then headed over to the Swainston's for a huuuge block party. Colin lit off some pretty ridiculous fireworks to end the evening. I love the 4th.
Jason and Kiffy....
Dan and I....
Tam and Spenc making the shave ice. It was by far the most popular thing there. (The taco man did make some pretty killer tacos too. The spread of food was intense.)
I love the 4th of July. I am so grateful to live in the promised land and be free to live as I choose. It's a pretty amazing blessing to be born in such a great place.

1 comment:

Brian and Lindsay Holmstrom said...

You are just too cute! You need to have a bay of your own! Haha