Wednesday, June 25, 2008

You might not believe your eyes.....

For those of you who know what my mom has been through for the past 6 months this should be shocking. It was for me. My mom was able come to my apartment on Monday night for FHE! And my apartment is upstairs... so that meant that my mom had to be able to climb the stairs... I took pictures for proof. It was one of the best things I can't even tell you. My mom would not be able to walk right now if it wasn't for the prayers and faith of so many. Her doctors cannot believe the progress she has made. One said to be prepared to never walk again and another said it would be a minimum of 2 years. Here is my mom proving that faith can end with miracles.
I am very blessed to have such wonderful parents. They are 2 of my best friends. I can't imagine not having their constant encouragement and support. (Not to mislead any one. She uses her cane and walker for short distances such as around the house. But it is not really easy, she works through pain. Her wheel chair is still there for anything else.) Oh and on top of the whole coming up the stairs thing, she then proceeds to play several rounds of guitar hero! She has had 2 broken wrists (one now has sort of a twisty screw and 2 inch plate, the other was a fracture from a fall and still isn't completely heeled. She is one tough cookie.)

7 comments:

Danielle Locken said...

Your mom looks so good! I'm so happy about this. Your family looks so happy and that makes me happy. Love you!

Trent & Lindz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trent & Lindz said...

You're mom is amazing! She looks fantastic! Faith can do incredible things, I agree.

The Griffins said...

oh we love your parents so much!We're so glad your mom's doing so well!

Jillyboo said...

I am so thrilled to see this picture. What amazing Parents you have.

Mama Bear said...

That is such great news! I'm so happy to know your mom is doing so well! I didn't know you joined OCMCO...good for you! :)

Lexi Patterson said...

That is so great to hear about your mom doing so well. What a miracle and what a strong woman! I love the blogging world because you get to read about great stories like this. Let's try and do our visiting teaching this month? :)