Friday, July 11, 2008

I love being an aunt!

So it has been over a month now, but my brother-in-law Jeremiah and his wife Hillary came out to visit with their 3 kids (Callie, Jackson, and Ellie) and I still wanted to post about it. We had a really fun weekend just hanging out with them and my other brother-in-law Justin with his wife Jamie and daughter Katelyn (they only live a few street lights away). I get to hang out with my Katie-Kate all the time, but the other 3 not so much, so it is a treat when I get to see them. They are so freakin cute and say the funniest stuff (Jackson always takes huge steps and says "Fe! Fi! Fo! Sum!" We try to tell him it's 'fum' but he doesn't care. He's the best.) Here are a couple pictures from the weekend that I took from Hillary's blog (thanks!) cause I kept forgetting to bring my camera.
Here is Callie checking out her 1st "real" manicure and Katelyn with her mom Jamie.
Katelyn gives me a little snuggle time after my pedicure.

And I got to hold Ellie during my pedicure.
Jackson thought this car downtown was the coolest. I love his smile for the cameras! Haha. Isn't it the best?



Here are the kids at my place when they first got into town.And Katelyn got to finally see her cousin Ellie for the first time.

7 comments:

Jillyboo said...

I cant wait to take Ella with me to get our nails done.
You are so cute. I love all the pic's of you with the kids, you are such a natural and you can see on their faces how much they adore you.

The last Unicorn said...

I found your blog!!! I am so excited to see you guys have one. Looks like you have been having a lot of fun and your mom looks great! Love you!
~Lori

Mama Bear said...

How fun!! Being an aunt is great...but being a mom is better! :) Glad you had fun with your nieces and nephews while they were in town...they are adorable!

Becca said...

hey you...

here's the basic run down...

Prime the piece with an OIL based primer! KILZ makes a good one sold at Home Depot. Wait for it to dry.

then paint the base coat in a water base latex paint. I like BEHR from Home Depot. I used and antique cream color in the buffet you are talking about! I do two coats making sure each coat is completely dry before I do the next. then it's all dry after two cats I use Ralph Lauren Tobacco glaze sold at Home Depot. This process is time sensitive so have plenty of rags on hand and work in small sections.

Paint on a thick layer in a small section of the glaze and then with he rag wipe it off leaving behind the amount you want. continue doing each section till you are finished. once it's all dry paint on two coats of polyurethane to seal it and protect it!

It's that easy....ha ha ha!!! It's just a long process but totally do able!

How is everything!!!Your mom doing better?

Brian and Lindsay Holmstrom said...

Oh my dear friend, you are such a blog slacker!

sarawhat said...

Rachelle...everytime I see your picture it shocks me because you so stinkin much like Elizabeth. Please tell her I said hi next time you see her. As for you... I'm so glad I found your blog! You're so cute, and look so happy!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

You are too BEAUTIFUL! I still picture you as a mia maid. :) I guess you have grown up. HA. You are just as stunning as you were then, but even more now! Wow! I have to agree with Sara, you do look a lot like Elizabeth. Funny!