Saturday, March 28, 2009
Touchdown! Sort of
A month or so ago my sister, Elizabeth, invited my brother, Jason and I to play some flag football with her unit at work. It was the cardiac critical care nurses vs. the ER doctors. So much fun! I got to play with the ER dr's cause there had to be one girl per team on the field at all times so I ended up playing against everyone I came with. It actually made for some good jokes and taunting from the other players.




Everyone had a great time running around on such a gorgeous day. That is, until Jake (a nurse) completely tore his achilles tendon. Ouch! The ER dr's were on the scene all assessing the situation. It was pretty cool to see them doing their tests on the muscle and already giving him the referral to the right ortho surgeon. He ended up with 6 weeks off work, non weight bearing the entire time. Bet his wife will think twice before letting him play flag football again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment